Sunday, November 14, 2010

meaning and matter

hi loves, i have exciting news! Yesterday at 8:30 I went to the aquatic office at the local pool for an interview with the Recreation Manager and the Aquatic Facility Manager... well, i thought it was a job interview. It turns out they had already decided to 're-hire' me and the first question in the interview was "we would basically just like to know when you can start working, and what hours you will be available". Oh, hello there, job!

I am starting next week just working Sundays until this semester's over, doing guarding and maintenance and assisting with some classes, but because the swim sessions are already started I can't teach my own classes until January. I am so excited to work again, i feel that working at the pool with kids really gives meaning to my life- and it's going to help me so much with weight loss!

Reasons Why I Need to Restrict & Lose
  1. feel like myself again
  2. match my body to my inner self
  3. feel comfortable in my own skin
  4. be in control and accountable for my food intake
  5. feel light and clean and healthy
  6. get rid of the guilt & anger towards myself
  7. love myself, so I can love my family, boyfriend and kids i teach so much more.
  8. feel confident in my bathing suit while working at the pool
  9. not feel like the 'fat friend' anymore
  10. be able to go shopping and buy what i love without having to worry about if it will flatter my large figure
I am at my mom's house right now, but I'll be going back to school tonight and will post some Thinspo tonight when I can access the pics saved on my computer.

Xo,
K.

2 comments:

  1. the reasons are so true <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great about getting the job! Jobs are so important right now with the economy being suckish (that's why I don't want to quit my job now even though I don't like it that much). Plus, swimming = amazing, low-impact exercise!

    I loved the reasons you gave- they're so true! I keep messing up even though I'm trying really hard- so next time I get discouraged, I'm going to remember why I'm doing this in the first place!

    ReplyDelete