Wednesday, November 3, 2010

triumphs and excitements

...graceful, elegant, delicate...
*i will be light as a ballerina one day*
 
~*~
Nov 3 Intake

AM:
-Protein shake before I went to the gym
-green tea

NOON:
-1 large apple cut up w/ cinnamon
-1 piece 12-grain toast
-1 egg, scrambled on toast
-8 almonds
-Pills: (Cold FX, Advil, multi vit, Adderall)
(my lunch was so big b/c I had a presentation at school and didn't want my tummy growling)

AFTERNOON:
-1 cup of broccolis and carrots
-2 tablespoons of hummus

DINNER:
-1 cup Butternut Squash & Red Pepper Soup
-Large Arugula and Spinach salad with low fat/low cal Italian salad dressing
-10 Wheat Thins (whole wheat) crackers

Yesterday's Small Triumph
Last night, after having dinner of a salad and piece of chicken (I was so tempted to just eat salad, but I want to be healthier about this, so the protein was necessary) I met a friend to study. We went to a coffee house/ cafe to sit, which i was nervous about. My friend ordered an egg and bacon bagel sandwhich and fried potatoes wedges with ketchup and a large iced cappucino! OMG so many calories! I ordered an XL Green Tea, and told her I had already eaten dinner (it was actually true!).

I felt so good sitting there being thin and in control of what i was eating (or not eating). As I watched her pack on 600+ calories I felt above that. I won. Not between me and her, but with myself. I won. I didn't give into temptation or indulge in uncessary food that would only turn into fat on my body. I love that feeling of accomplishment and control.

Work it Out, Girl <3
I train three times a week in the early mornings, and I'm nervous about fueling my body for the gym while restricting my intake. Today I'm trying a healthy vegan protein shake before the workout to see if that'll last.

Okay it was a weigh-in day with my trainer, and I was SOOO nervous that the weight I had lost was muscle even though I've been super careful. But guess what?? I lost 6lbs or pure fat in a month! (this is before I started restricting). I lost absolutely no muscle mass whatsoever! so I'm 169 right now (I know, major ew...) and my goal with my trainer is to be at 160 by Jan 1st. So 9 lbs in two months. Easy!

BUT I want to make it more :) I want to be 158. That will be so freaking awesome. 11lbs of fat loss in two months. I can do that for sure, but I need to be so careful that she doesn't start asking about my diet. She was so super proud and happy for me though, so that was a great great feeling! I love reinforcement.


Thought of the day: It doesn't matter how skinny you are, if you're standing in the middle of the sidewalk texting, you are a total fatty because you are in everyone's way. Move, bitch!


Looking forward to tomorrow....
Tomorrow I am doing a 24-hr liquid fast... No class, so it doesnt matter if my stomach is gurgling :) I have a Vegan meal supplement powder that I take with 1 1/2 cups water and it provides 100% of all my daily vitamins and minerals and even extra things like fatty acids... basically it's a miracle. It DOES go through my system super fast though, so I need to be near a toilet (which is why I can only do this on days when i don't have class). BUT it's SO worth it because it's a total cleanse to my digestive system while still giving my body all its nutrients.


It's 240 cal per serving (two scoops of powder) but I only use 1 scoop per 'meal'.  Oh, if you want to read about the product, it's called Vega Whole Foods Health Optimizer. I have the berry one, but it's kinda gross- I know the vanilla and chocolate ones are a lot yummier, so when I run out I'm going to try one of those flavours. I will also have TONS of water and green tea throughout the day to keep my body fully hydrated at all times! Eeeek I'm so excited :)

Thanks for all the lovely comments yesterday <3
Be beautiful, be strong
XO,
Kaylie <3


1 comment:

  1. AHHH!! Great job not giving in girl. That can be SO hard sometimes, esp around friends.
    thanks for the lactose advice!!
    I can't do that now, but maybe when i go to Uni nect year. That sounds like such a smart idea.
    You can def lose wayyyy more than 9 lbs in a month! what are your stats?

    ReplyDelete